Ariyonna Augustine (l) and Deanna Nowling will battle for individual and team titles. (File photo)
We're using a narrow-intended vehicle to take a broad view heading into the 100th CIF State Track & Field Championships. This year's meet is back at Clovis Buchanan HS with preliminaries in all events except the 3200 on Friday and finals in all events on Saturday.
Fridays field event qualifying begins at 3 p.m. with track qualifying beginning at 5 p.m.
Saturday's finals begin with field events at 4:30 p.m. and track at 6 p.m.
Friday's forecast is for sunny weather with a high of 86 and a low of 61. It's predicted to warm up 10 degrees on Saturday to a high of 96 with a low of 66. The forecast on Saturday is for 94 degrees around the start of the meet with a slow cooling throughout the meet.
Below, click "Next" to see 10 Storylines To Watch:
CIF State Meet Coverage
- Meet Page
- Performance List
- Sprints, Hurdles, Relays preview
- Field event preview
- Distance event preview
- Section Finals Results Merge
- Girls Top 10 over the Last 10 Years
- Boys Top 10 over the Last 10 Years
- Whatever happened to ... tracking returning State Meet medalists
- Profile article on sprinter Asani Hampton
- Epic Girls 1600 at Sac-Joaquin Masters
- WATCH LIVE: CIF TRACK AND FIELD CHAMPIONSHIPS ON FLOTRACK