"Upset City Baby!" as Dick Vitale would say...the US #1 ranked girls team as well as the defending NXN girls champions both go down in the same weekend. This week's Run Junkie HS highlights the best of the September 27th meets.
Check out the top sophomore boys XC performers nationally from the first month of cross country below split into a first, second, and third team of Future Stars.
Watch the team battle between the perennial powerhouses from California in Saugus and the defending national champions from Wayzata at the Roy Griak Invitational.
Photos taken by Spencer Allen as part of our 2014 Stanford Invitational coverage.
US #7 Fiona O'Keeffe (Davis CA) tied Allie Ostrander for the fastest 5K time in the country with her remarkable 16:40 PR performance at the Stanford Invitational.O'Keeffe was not the only one to roll out a nation's best time in Palo Alto. 2013 Foot Loocker Nationals runner-up John Dressel of Mount Spokane in Washington owns the fastest 5K time in the nation now after his 14:51 win
On a brilliant day, the 41st Annual Stanford Invitational came through with more top notch efforts on the famed Stanford golf course.
Watch Samantha Ortega & the Saugus girls bring some SoCal heat to Minnesota in their runaway win at the Roy Griak Invitational and a replay of the high school girls gold race.
The Great Oak boys and girls came and conquered Portland Meadows with the US #2 girls scoring their second straight win against US #5 Desert Vista led by Destiny Collins, who turned Portland Meadows into a true speedway with her 17:09 5K performance.
Pre-race interview with two of the top runners from the US #12 ranked Saugus (CA), who made the long trip from Southern California to compete against the defending national champs Wayzata and a quality field at the Roy Griak Invitational in Minnesota.
California cross country schedule heats up with Stanford Invitational up north, Dana Hills Invitational in the south as well as Bob Firman and Nike Pre-Nationals out of state.
After two tremendous performances in the 3 mile (15:58 and 16:04) Destiny responds to these fast fast races and why she loves getting out so fast breaking the field.
Virtual meet preview for the girls races at the 2014 Nike Pre-Nationals in Portland, Oregon on Saturday. MileSplit will be on-site with photo coverage.
- real advice for scholarship offers
- college eligibility of high school track athlete who DOES NOT want to compete for their high school
- Article Comment: 55th Annual Golden West Invitational Field Events Preview
- Adoree Jackson DQ
- University of Mobile Track & Field/Cross Country
- Scholarships for Distance Runners, Point University (Georgia)
- Bob Frick Sprint Invitational 2014
- Cottey College XC/Track
- App for estimating performance in other events
- Cal Berkeley All Comers #2 2014
- Desert Twilight XC Festival
- Artichoke Invitational
- Brea Invitational
- Central Park Invitational
- Del Oro XC Invitational
- Pacific Grove Invitational
- Palos Verdes Cross Country Invitational
- Pomona-Pitzer Invitational
- Richard Brug Invitational/Atascadero Invitational
- San Gabriel Valley CC One on One Challenge