In 2011, the United States won its sixth straight IAAF World Youth Championships in Lille, France. The 2013 WYC are just months away in Donetsk, Ukraine. The U.S. team will be selected. June 25-26 at the USATF National Youth Championships in Edwardsville, Il.
USC played host to the 2013 Pac-12 Track & Field Championships over the weekend, and saw its Trojans take second and sixth overall in the men’s and women’s competitions, respectively. (via Reign of Troy)
Oregon's Jordan Hasay and Arizona State's Nick Happe and were named the Pac-12 Men's and Women's Track & Field Scholar-Athletes of the Year. (via goducks.com)
Runniers World offers up these tips to avoid sluggishness while doing speed work. They say the best thing to do is consult with your coach to avoid injury and overtraining (via Runner's World)
NEW YORK CITY (May 7, 2013)—More than two dozen of the top high school athletes in the country—including nine athletes ranked #1 in the United States—are now set for the Dream 100 and Dream Mile at the adidas Grand Prix on May 25, adidas and race organizers announced today.
(Photo by Image of Sport) In 2011, the United States won its sixth straight IAAF World Youth Championships in Lille, France. The 2013 WYC are just months away in Donetsk, Ukraine. The U.S. team will be selected. June 25-26 at the USATF National Youth Championships in Edwardsville, Il.
Photo courtesy of TrackandFieldPhoto.com Most twenty-somethings who relocate to Los Angeles do it to chase a dream. They don’t envision moving into their parents’ home or being in bed before 10:00 p.m. Then again, most twenty somethings aren’t elite athletes trying to revitalize their career. For Will Leer, the decision was simple. After spending four [...] (via Daily Relay)
Advice for hard-working high schoolers on how to identify when it’s wiser to go easy (via Runner's World)
MileSplit is proud to announce Athletics Gold. The site marks our ongoing march to offer the most complete source on the planet. It offers a simple and straightforward way to follow the international elite scene and latest world and regional rankings.
From Hopkinton to Boston more than a half a million people line the streets the third Monday in April, beginning their holiday by cheering the never-ending stream of runners that pass by. The women of Wellesley College know their place at the halfway mark. Their youthful enthusiasm provides the runners some mental fuel to make it to Boylston Street and the finish line at Copley Square that’s still 13-miles away. The bars and restaurants are crowded with people, most glued to this storied race pictured on the flat screens. The city is buzzing. Everyone is happy in Beantown. It’s Patriots Day, the date designated for the oldest and most-fabled 26.2-mile footrace in the world, the Boston Marathon.
Sasha, Brooks PR Champ, NBNI Champ, #2 and #3 all-time marks in the 60 Hurdles. What a start to 2013 for you! It looks like you are off to a good start outdoors as well with a 13.55 clocking. (Photo by Image of Sport)
Here are some quick tips to help parents and runners find a camp that would best suit their interests, experience and abilities.
In 2011, the United States won its sixth straight IAAF World Youth title in Lille, France. The 2013 WYC are in Donetsk, Ukraine. The U.S. team will be selected. June 25-26 at the USATF National Youth Championships in Edwardsville, Il. Photo by Image of Sport.
Distance runners from Redondo Union High School continued to put the Sea Hawks track and field team on the national map with stellar performances at the 46th annual Arcadia Invitational last Friday and Saturday. (via www.easyreadernews.com)
- Beginner to Bubka Pole Vault Camp at Sacramento State
- Arcadia Invitational 2013
- College Scholarship - whats needed?
- Unsigned Seniors
- HS Triathletes
- Track and Field DVDs and Books for sale
- Article Comment: Alumni Report: January 14 - January 20, 2013
- Coaching Opportunities Shasta County (Redding preferably)
- CIF Sac-Joaquin Section Meet Finals 2012
- McDonald's Rough Rider Invitational 2011
- NCAA DIII Championships
- NCAA Division II Track and Field Championships
- Adidas Grand Prix
- NCAA Division 1 Outdoor Track & Field Championship
- Golden West Invitational
- New Balance Outdoor Nationals
- USATF Junior Outdoor Track and Field Championship
- USATF World Youth Track and Field Trials
- USATF Youth Outdoor Track and Field Championship
- ESPN AAU Primary Nationals
- Jonathan Hart to University of Arizona
- Chimere Ezumah to University of Virginia
- Juliette Alliaume to Rider University
- Christian Roberts to Western State Colorado University
- Kiara Mcintosh to Purdue University
- Jack Balder to Arizona State University
- Shelby Vaculin to University of Missouri
- Micha Auzenne to Arizona State University
- Savana Cadler to University of Wyoming
- Riana Goins to University of California-Davis