Here are the top returning runners from the 2013 California XC state meet.
Effective with the 2015 high school track and field season, the prohibition of jewelry will be eliminated. This was one of several rules changes recommended by the National Federation of State High School Associations (NFHS) Track and Field Rules Committee at its June 16-18 meeting in Indianapolis. The committee’s recommendations were subsequently approved by the NFHS Board of Directors.
Mackenna Howard and Stamatia Scarvelis were two of California's best in the throws this past outdoor season and they put out marks in the shot that ranked among the nation's best to give them the deserving All-American honor by MileSplit this past weekend in the girls shot to be recognized among the nation's 8 best.
Long Beach Poly's Ariana Washington was one of 8 individuals nationally that have been selected to the MileSplit All-American Team in the girls 100 meter dash from the 2014 outdoor season as they have been chosen by MileSplit as the 8 best national performers in their event from this past spring.
Jeremy Franklin heads to UCSB in the fall after a great spring and summer in the shot, discus, and hammer.
The Cal Golden Bears will once again bring a strong track and field recruiting class to Berkeley in the fall of 2014.
Braheme Days and Amir Patterson finish 1-2 in the shot put at the USATF Junior Championships (via uclabruins.com).
Thanks to Berkeley HS assistant coach, Andrew Lowe for the following previews and rankings. North Coast Section Division 1 Girls 2014 Preview & Rankings North Coast Section Division 1 Boys 2014 Preview & Rankings (via www.crosscountryexpress.com)
The CIF governs interscholastic athletics in the State of California, promoting equity, quality, character and academic development. (via cifstate.org)
The final girls rankings for the 2014 season features many of the all time high school greats. This list offers the deepest results in the state for California high school girls.
As we get closer to the middle of summer, here are the projected top 20 cross country teams (boys and girls).
Here are the final boys rankings for the 2014 season. This list offers the deepest results in the state for high school boys.
Cross country season is coming, and CA Milesplit will bring you the best coverage in the state. Send us your meet information, and we will publish it on our state and national sites.
Every outdoor track & field season, state pride and braggings rights to who actually is the best, fastest, strongest, and toughest state for high school track & field in the U.S. is always debated. The big three of California, Florida, and Texas are always in the annual discussion. MileSplit attempts to answer that question by team scoring up the 25 performers deep in the nation for each of the most commonly contested events from this past outdoor season to determine who in fact are the best states for boys high school track & field in 2014.
- real advice for scholarship offers
- college eligibility of high school track athlete who DOES NOT want to compete for their high school
- Article Comment: 55th Annual Golden West Invitational Field Events Preview
- Adoree Jackson DQ
- University of Mobile Track & Field/Cross Country
- Scholarships for Distance Runners, Point University (Georgia)
- Bob Frick Sprint Invitational 2014
- Cottey College XC/Track
- App for estimating performance in other events
- Cal Berkeley All Comers #2 2014
- Alycea Heredia to Point University
- Alex Burkhart to California State University, Chico
- Shelby Garritson to Point University
- Steven Velarde to California State University, Chico
- Victor Bennett to California State University, Chico
- Rebecca Guadiana to Point University
- Michael Good to California State University, Chico
- Veronica Garcia to California State University, Chico
- Elyssa Schall to California State University, Chico
- Michelle Gonzales to Dominican University of California