The Southern Section (SS) will have a record 96 cross country teams competing in new divisions this coming season.
Who are the top 10 high school girls in the nation that we are most excited to watch compete this season in cross country? See below who we think is the best of the best, the cream of the crop, the very top tier of returning distance runners to watch for this fall in the biggest national meets of the season.
An interview with the fastest returning female runner from last year's California state cross country meet, rising junior, Fiona O'Keeffe of Davis HS in Sacramento.
Four decades ago, then-student Renee Williams-Smith was unsatisfied by the absence of a girls’ cross country program at Mira Costa High School in Manhattan Beach, Calif., so she stitched her own uniform to run with the boys. Years later, Williams-Smith again blazed a trail for female runners in Southern California by returning to the school where she famously bucked convention and launching Mira Costa’s girls’ cross country program. Today, Brooks Running Company recognizes her work and dedication by crowning Williams-Smith the 2014 Inspiring Coach of the Year.
The fastest returning girls runners within the Foot Locker West Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
The fastest returning boys runners within the Foot Locker West Region for the upcoming 2014 cross country season between the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming.
A virtual look at the 2014 CA XC state meet shows some eye opening possibilities as the fall season approaches. This statistical look, based on 2013 xc results, indicates a changing of the guard may be coming soon!
Based on Milesplit statistical analysis on the 2013 season, here is the formchart for the 2014 girls XC team battle this season. Is this an indicator of who will bring home the title of California's best girls' team? Check out this virtual state meet!
Here are the top 10 XC incoming seniors in California.
Here are the top 10 XC incoming juniors in California.
The quartet of Teahna Daniels (FL), Ariana Washington (CA), Jada Martin (GA), and Kaylin Whitney (FL) brought home gold for the United States in the first relay finals of the World Junior Championships with a World Junior leading time of 43.46. Watch their gold medal winning race video above and post-race video interview below.
Here are the top 10 XC incoming sophomore in California.
Watch the race video of women's 100 meter dash finals from the 2014 IAAF World Junior Championships.
It was a surprise to see Madeline Price come through the mixed area wearing a Team Canada singlet. The California 400 state runner-up and MileSplit US All-American has dual citizenship through her parents both being being natives and born in Canada. She had a successful first round of the 400 meter dash trials posting a time of 53.86 to finish second in heat and automatically move onto the semi-finals.
- real advice for scholarship offers
- college eligibility of high school track athlete who DOES NOT want to compete for their high school
- Article Comment: 55th Annual Golden West Invitational Field Events Preview
- Adoree Jackson DQ
- University of Mobile Track & Field/Cross Country
- Scholarships for Distance Runners, Point University (Georgia)
- Bob Frick Sprint Invitational 2014
- Cottey College XC/Track
- App for estimating performance in other events
- Cal Berkeley All Comers #2 2014
- Bettina Alessandri to Regis University
- Alycea Heredia to Point University
- Veronica Garcia to California State University, Chico
- Elyssa Schall to California State University, Chico
- Victor Bennett to California State University, Chico
- Rebecca Guadiana to Point University
- Michael Good to California State University, Chico
- Kody Ann Atkins to California State University, Chico
- Michelle Gonzales to Dominican University of California
- Yajaira Zarate to California State University, Chico