(Photo by John Hayes) The Agoura star traveled to Arizona for the Chandler Rotary, and came back with a wind-legal 13.50, equaling her second-fastest time ever.
Tara Davis keeps racking up US #1 marks! This weekend, she traveled to Chandler, Arizona (just southeast of Phoenix) for the Chandler Rotary. It was worth the drive: Davis clocked a wind-legal 13.50 to move up to US #1 in the 100 Hurdles. She also improved her CA #2 triple jump mark to 41' 4", and jumped 20' 10" to boot.
Meanwhile, two California distance stars posted nation-leading times at the New Balance Azusa Meet of Champions. Claudia Lane clocked 10:12.21 while running away with the 3200 title there, making her the first girl in the country to break 10:20 this spring. Trad Berti (Paso Robles) continued his torrid outdoor track season, posting a 4:10.55 as he held off Callum Bolger for the mile win. That's US #1 for the full mile, and US #2 even when you allow converted 1600's into the rankings.
The following California athletes still hold US #1 rankings from meets earlier in the season:
- Tara Davis, Agoura: US #1 100H (13.50) & US #1 LJ (21' 1")
- Rachel Baxter, Canyon (Anaheim Hills): US #1 PV (14' 0")
- Joy McArthur, Dana Hils: US #1 HT (199' 6")
- Great Oak Girls: US #1 4x800 (9:22.34)
- Callum Bolger, San Luis Obispo: US #1 3200 (9:00.90)
- Claremont Boys: US #1 DMR (10:21.54)