Saturday, October 2, 2021
Please join us for the sixth year of the Perris Valley XC Showdown. Hosted by Rancho Verde HS and Orange Vista HS, the 3 mile true XC course is great preparation for the Riverside Invitational and Inland Empire Challenge as it has a similar terrain of mixed grass, sand, and concrete. Course Map
New for 2021! We will have online registration for our Open Race at 8:00 AM with CHIP timing. In person registration for the race will be from 7:00 AM to 7:50 AM. All participants must sign a Release of Liability Waiver. Entry is $5 per runner. Entrants may not be high school athletes. Great for coaches!
If you are a student at a Val Verde Unified School District school at the elementary or middle school level, you will race for free. You must have a parent or coach present to sign a waiver for you to participate. You must be able to show proof that you are a student at one of the schools in VVUSD.
The race is meant for smaller and medium schools. If Large schools are interested we have created a new division for the races. It is intended to be a very inexpensive race that gives the classic XC invitational feel. Teams are invited to enjoy the remainder of the day at Lake Perris SRA for biking, barbecuing, fishing, hiking, picnicking, and swimming.
Please RSVP with Coach Winter at firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest in the run.
Timing:Finished ResultsAutomatic Chip Timing
Registration: Participants will register through Athletic.net this year. Please declare your team through this site to reserve your spot in the race. You can register runners for their individual races up until Tuesday, September 28, at 10 AM. Entries are due by this date. We are limited to 200 runners per race. If needed, here is a CIF Contract.
Divisions: CBEDS from 2020 will be used to calculate:
- SS - Small Schools Division is intended for schools with less than 1500 enrollment
- LS - Large Schools Division is intended for schools with more than 1501 enrollment
- Individual Runners are $6
- Max fee for Small Schools (1500 or under) is $150
- Max fee for Large Schools (1501 and above) is $300
- Val Verde USD Elementary and Middle School students run for FREE in the Open Race! For these students only, please register the day of the meet. Do not register in advance online. Open Race Info:
- $5 per individual.
- Top Twenty Five Women and Top Twenty Five Men will receive a medal.
- Must not be a high school runner.
- Must sign the waiver the day of the meet OR have a guardian present to sign the waiver.
- This race will be CHIP timed so you must register by 7:50 AM.
- Address: 17801 Lake Perris Dr, Perris, CA 92571
- The park charges $5 entry per vehicle for all spectators. They are required to park in lots 3-4.
- Athletes traveling by bus or van with a team receive free entry. They are required to drop off athletes in the Sail Cove parking lot.
- Spectators may park at Rancho Verde HS in the front parking lot for free and walk to the park. It is 1.5 miles from the schools parking lot to the starting line of the race.
Please make checks payable to:
RVHS Cross Country Booster
It is preferred that a check is brought to us on the day of the race.
You may mail checks postmarked by September 17, 2021:
RVHS Cross Country Booster
17750 Lasselle St
Moreno Valley, CA 92551
ATTN: Coach William Winter
- Race setup will begin at 5:00 AM
- Race check-in is at 7:00 AM
- Open Race Registration closes at 7:50 AM
- Open Race is at 8:00 AM
- Race 1) Varsity Girls - 8:30 AM
- Race 2) Varsity Boys - 8:50 AM
- Race 3) SS - Frosh/Soph Girls 9:10 AM
- Race 4) SS - Frosh/Soph Boys 9:30 AM
- Race 5) LS - Frosh/Soph Girls 9:50 AM
- Race 6) LS - Frosh/Soph Boys 10:10 AM
- Race 7) SS - Junior/Senior Girls 10:30 AM
- Race 8) SS - Junior/Senior Boys 10:50 AM
- Race 9) LS - Junior/Senior Girls 11:10 AM
- Race 10) LS - Junior/Senior Boys 11:30 AM
- Awards at 12:00 PM
- Clean up and Closing begins at 1:00 PM
- Custom Engraved Medals to top 25 runners in each race as they cross the finish.
- Small trophies to the top three times overall by gender.
- Plaques to 1st and 2nd Place Teams combined team time of 5 for each race.
- Pumpkin for 1st place team in each race.
- Custom Shirts for 1st place varsity teams.
Concession and Vendor Information:
- La Chinacata Food Truck (909)440-7941
- Carne Asada Fries - $11.99
- Beef Taquitos - $8.99
- Potato Taquitos - $7.99
- Tortas, Quesadillas, & Burritos - $9.49
- Queso Tacos - $3.99
- 32oz Agua Frescas - $5 ($7 with rim)
- Can Sodas and Bottled Waters - $1.50
- Mexican Bottled Sodas - $2.99
- Race Photography by Sandra Velez-Lopez
- Sandras.Sports.Shots@gmail.com (951)544-3558
- Online photos at https://perrisvalleyxcshowdown.shutterfly.com/
- Hare Designs will sell apparel and race shirts for $10.
Bring your own medical bag, tarp, canopy, ice, and water!
- Respect the park and all park staff. The park is not charging our school an additional use fee under the responsibility that we will manage our students and use of areas of the park. Parents are not allowed in for free to watch the race. We are not in charge of the entry fees to the park, nor will we be receiving a portion of that cost. All teams and spectators are expected to follow park and race organizer directions. Failure to respect the rules of the park will result in team disqualification.
- Park wildlife are to be observed only. Remain a safe distance from all wildlife. Lake Perris SRA does have coyotes, deer, mountain lions, rattlesnakes, squirrels, and a variety of birds.
- No discussions yet. Be the first!