The Stanford Invitational Distance Medley Relay record set by Armijo HS last year (10:06.31) didn't last for long as the Bellarmine boys ran a solo 10:03.67 today to crush the field and establish a new meet and Central Coast Section record. The previous CCS record was set by Wilcox HS in 1965 with a time of 10:13.7y (10:10.28c). The time for Bellarmine is also US #1 as it surpasses the 10:18.15 by Hilton Head, South Carolina at the Pepsi Florida Relays. The unofficial splits for Bellarmine were Alex Scales 3:02.6, Tommy Rocha 50.9, Ben Micallef 1:53.3, Meika Beaudoin-Rousseau 4:17.0.. Look for a video of the race from today as well as all the high school races by Sunday night.
Other highlights from Friday night at Stanford:
- Deion Lightfoot-Shelton (Kimball) ran 54.35 in the 400 Hurdles, taking over US #1.
- Luis Grijalva (Armijo) clocked a US #1 3:49.89 for 1500 in one of the collegiate sections.
- Gillian Wagner (Redwood Larkspur) also earned US #1 in the 3000 with her time of 9:56.26. Teammate Glennis Murphy posted a 10:01.59 in 2nd place, good for US #3.
- The San Marcos girls ran a US #2 11:54.72 in their DMR.
- Michael Vernau (Davis) won the boys' 3000 in 8:32.75 US #2.
- MacKenzie Fletcher (Ponderosa) clocked 1:02.73 US #2 while winning the 400 Hurdles.