2/26 Update: We told you this was fluid, right? Well, some incorrect data has been fixed and that changed the number of state-leading relay times were produced from this meet. This report has been updated to reflect the corrected state rankings.
LONG BEACH -- OK, yes, it's early. Late February and there's still plenty of rust to work off. So when a little second-year meet produces a boatload of state leaders, it's worth noting.
Granted, some marks didn't make it through the day, as results from meets across the state streamed in. And others didn't make it through the weekend.
But for one brief moment, 11 marks from the Long Beach Poly TrackRabbit Invitational ranked as state leaders. Yeah, it's fluid. But ...
As of Monday morning, seven of those marks remained No. 1 in CA.
Here's the list of 11 from Saturday's sun-drenched meet at Long Beach City College and where they rank as of Monday AM:
- 4x100 Relay -- Scripps Ranch 47.94 (LB Poly finished first but was DQ'd) ... Currently No. 1. Junior Aubree Bell anchored. Last year, Scripps Ranch PR'd at 48.65.
>Watch the girls 4x1 from the TrackRabbit Invitational:
- 4x200 Relay -- Long Beach Poly 1:39.94 (Poly's best last year was 1:40.71) ... Currently No. 1.
- 4x400 Relay -- LB Poly 3:58.96 ... Currently No. 4. Bishop Alemany (3:55.53) from Saturday's Trevor Habberstab Memorial Invitational is No. 1.
- 4x800 Relay -- Redondo Union 9:39.78 ... Still No. 1.
- 800m SMR -- Long Beach Wilson 1:44.64 (1:44.19 was the state leader last year) ... Still No. 1. helped significantly by a 55-second anchor leg by junior Rachel Glenn that rallied the Bruins to victory over No. 2 ranked LB Poly (1:45.00).
>Watch this highlight video of the girls 800 SMR from the TrackRabbit Invitational: