The Central Coast Section semifinals will take place this Saturday at Gilroy HS with field events starting at 10 am followed by the running events at 11 am.
The entries for all events can be found at this LINK.
The heat sheets for all running events can be found at this LINK.
How to qualify for the finals (from section meet bulletin):
1. Running Events (except the 800 m, 1600m and 3200m): Eight  finalists. Winners of each heat, plus the next fastest, qualify for the Finals.
2. 800 m: Three (3) equal heats using alley starts. Twelve athletes will advance following the current CIF State Meet formula for advancement.
3. 1600m: Two  equal heats. Top four (4) finishers in each heat, plus the next four (4) fastest, qualify for the Finals.
4. 3200m: Two  equal heats. Top four (4) finishers in each heat, plus the next four (4) fastest, qualify for the Finals.
1. Long Jump, Triple Jump, Shot Put, and Discus: Four  attempts. The top twelve (12) qualify for the Finals. Semifinal marks do not carry over to the finals. The twelve (12) qualifiers from the semifinals will be given three trials at the finals. The competitors with the eight (8) best marks will be given three additional trials.
2. High Jump and Pole Vault: The Games Committee will determine whether meet logistics will allow for the events to be conducted to completion. The twelve  competitors with the best marks will advance to the Finals. Normal NFHS tiebreaking rules will be used to advance to finals. When competition is complete, the area will be closed and no further practice will be allowed.
In the next page, you can check our highlighted events for this coming Saturday. Some will really test the athletes and making the finals will be a tall task in those events.