Borrowing a great idea from our fiends at fl.milesplit.com, we are happy to present a "Salute To Seniors" series. The Florida site for MileSplit has done this the past three years as a kind of "senior farewells."
We would like to highlight the senior class over the coming weeks before they are off to college. We wanted to give these athletes a chance to share their stories and experiences.
Find the questions below. You can either answer them in Q&A format or write out your own responses in a story, whichever is easiest.
E-mail me the responses along with 2-3 pictures for potential publication to Jeffrey.Parenti@flosports.tv. If you are a coach, please pass this onto your team. If you are an athlete and are a senior, feel free to participate or send this to teammates and friends.
Note: We will post submissions received through July 15.
Let's send our seniors off on a positive note and thank them for what they've done over the past four years of their high school careers!
- What was your most memorable race/moment?
- Who would you consider your biggest competition over your four years?
- What was your greatest accomplishment?
- If you could do it all over again what would you change about your running career in high school?
- What were the most difficult obstacles you had to overcome?
- What will you miss the most?
- What advice you would give to younger athletes?
- What influence has your coach had with respect to your performance and overall life goals?
- What are your college plans?
- Who would you like to say thank you to?
- Is there anything else you'd like to add?