In truth, we've been looking forward to cross country for a while! Even during the peak excitement of track & field, the MileSplit staff always has XC on the brain. We think about how a returning athlete's growth in the spring will impact the fall season; how a team's depth on the track might affect their chances of November success; how departing seniors will open opportunities for new stars to emerge. As I say all the time, there is no off-season for MileSplit - we're engaged in both track and cross country year round.
The time has finally arrived to start diving into preparations for the 2017 cross country season! Over the next month-and-a-half, we'll bring you all the data, rankings, and predictions you can handle, including:
- XC Off-Season Report: team rankings using track races
- Returning Team Rankings (by section, by division, whole state)
- Our 3rd Annual Pre-Season #CountdownToXC, featuring Improvement Ratings
- Returning Individual Rankings (by section, by division, whole state)
- Written previews for teams and individuals to watch in 2017